The University of Patanjali (UOP) named after the great Indian sage- Patanjali (circa 900 B.C.) who first compiled the numerous writings on Yoga in the form of precise and concise aphorisms; was established through the Act of State legislature Act No.04/2006 published in Gazette of Uttranchal Government on 5.4.2006 and recognized by UGC vide Order No.170/XXIV\2007 dated 15.2.2007. The University is being sponsored by Patanjali Yogpeeth (PYP) and is located at Haridwar in North India.
Universities are producing highly skilled barbarians without instilling values to learners” (Swami Ramdev).
Education is a means of human civilization and global peace. It helps to enrich and update faculties of human brain. Actually it is the integrated approach of wisdom and knowledge that helps a learner to be self-reliant, self developed and socially empathetic. However, in present scenario, existing education system has just emphasized knowledge and skills for earning and persona development rather than awakening latent powers and social care. Most of the educated ones are using their learned behaviors for selfish deeds and focusing the way of western personality development being far from the spirit of social care and inner awakening. The existing education system looks disabled for creating social and ecological harmony. At this moment of global disharmony, Revered Yoga Rishi- Swami Ramdev and Ayurved Shiromani- Acharya Balkrishna, have stood up as a center of hope for fusion of knowledge and wisdom to fulfill the absolute objectives of education by establishing University of Patanjali (UOP).
UOP is a manifestation of divine vision of His Holiness Swami Ramdev and Honorable Acharya Balkrishna to establish An Integral Center of Education Excellence blending all spectrums of oriental wisdom and scientific knowledge. The university aims at innovating teaching-learning and research to produce professionally competent, personally elevated and socially empathetic alumni. Asceticism, health care, integral education and entrepreneurship are its four major domains of teaching-learning.
To innovate An Integral Education System including all spectrums of scientific knowledge and ancient wisdom.
UOP’s Major Aims
- To instigate teaching-learning, training, research and development on scientific and philosophical aspects of Vedic knowledge.
- To provide wisdom and knowledge to the students to make them self-reliant, self managed and socially empathetic.
- To standardize and promote indigenous education system in synergy with modern technology.
- To give space for teaching of both spiritual and physical aspects of Vedic knowledge with special focus to Yoga and Ayurveda.
- To impart teaching-learning and research on Humanities, Value Based Management, Value Based Journalism; Natural & Applied Sciences; Social Sciences and allied knowledge spectrums as required.
- To produce doctors/healers well versed in modern medical and indigenous treatment system.
The objective behind the creation of this institution was to impart education on theoretical and practical aspects of yoga and spirituality; natural, applied and social sciences; oriental medical systems; value based management and journalism; social sciences and allied studies amongst the youths to propagate, promote, and contemporize cultural, medicinal and Vedic heritages of India worldwide irrespective of gender, cast, creed and regions. The other main objective was to offer job oriented courses to the youngsters through different disciplines and programs. The UOP is intended to-
- Establish scientific basis for the knowledge cum wisdom propounded by Indian sages by undertaking researches through scientific method;
- Impart job oriented education and awake the youths to preserve knowledge on Ayurveda, patriotism, and yogic life style;
- Establish affiliated colleges and institutions to empower teaching-learning and scientific researches on diverse spectrums of traditional knowledge- Yoga, Ayurveda,Veda and Vedang etc. through various programs in the line of UOP’s objectives which may be sponsored by University Grants Commission; and
- Establish constituent centre for continuing education and passing instructions through distance learning mode regarding the courses offered by the constituent colleges/institutions.
Job Placement Cell
This unit of UOP is committed to-
- Optimal Placement of alumni in educational and health institutes of India and abroad.
- Immediate appointment of Yogacharyas (Yoga teachers) and Vaidyas (Ayurvedic doctors) in existing Treatment Centers of Patanjali by extending facilities of Panchakarma and Yoga Therapy.
- Training and aid to alumni for entrepreneurship development and empowering health of common people.
- UOP is located at entrance of Divine Himalayas (origin of human civilization) -Haridwar; that is spiritually vibrant,naturally serene and peaceful.Its holy ambience is itself educator for learners’holistic development.
- The University is well equipped for teaching, learning and advanced research on Yoga and Ayurved.Nonetheless, regular yoga practice, and good habit cultivation are inseparable part of teaching-learning. It’s aimed at fusion of knowledge and wisdom.
- Special provision of Sanskrit and Communicative English teaching among students to better their comprehension on ancient Ayurvedic texts
- Eminent faculties bearing sound professional, personal and human qualities and immense indigenous love.
- Indiscriminative teaching -learning for all irrespective to caste, gender, creeds, state and race.
- Ancient Gurukul like pious relationship among students and teachers.
- Special privilege for students to make practical exposure of learned behaviors in PYP service centers. Besides, students can organize service oriented activities like rural sanitation, horticulture promotion, and health care management in the areas nearby UOP.
- Provision of balanced and hygienic seasonal diet (vegetarian diet) for the University members as prescribed by Ayurved. Seasonal fruits and special feasts are also served as per different festivals of divine culture.
- Separate and sound Hostels for both male and female students as per their educational standard.
- Regular Yoga practice is mandatory for all students to maintain optimal health.
- Free medical facility for students at Patanjali Ayurved Hospital if required.
- Updated and attractive library accommodating more than 15, 900 ancient scriptures and modern texts; journals, periodicals, newspapers and broad band connection.
- Special cultural and patriotic celebrations such as Dipawali, Holy, Makrsakraanti, Rakshabandhan, Independence Day and Republic day etc.
- Teaching on practical aspects of Vedic rituals.
- Scholarship for talented students who come from poor family and remote areas.
- Facilitation of special sessions by eminent mentors to inculcate Sanskrit and English communication skills among students.
- Inclusion of Educational tour of different places and institutions having religious, cultural, historical and educational importance as an inseparable part of teaching-learning.
- Frequent guest classes for students by eminent scholars of different knowledge on direct guidance of Revered Yog Rishi Swami Ramdev Ji.
- Grocery is located at University Campus to ease shopping goods of daily use.
- Computer Center with e- learning.
- Play grounds (indoor and outdoor).
- Optimal provision for alumni Placement.
जयति जय जय हे, योग विद्या संस्थान
पुरा संस्कृति और नव युग का प्रतिष्ठान।
आत्मा गौरव राष्ट्र निष्ठा विश्वभर में प्रतिष्ठा
ऋषि पतंजलि योग, शिक्षा का यह धाम ।
चरक सुश्रुत धन्वन्तरि की साधना का सार लेकर
विश्व-मंगल कामना का करता यह आव्हान।
सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः जनमानस का है भान
जड़ी-बूटी वनौषधि से हो पूर्ण यह अभियान।
योग, आयुर्वेद विज्ञान शोध् और अनुसंधान
शाश्वत संस्कृति मनोहर दृढ संकल्प का वरदान।
सुप्त जग को जागृत करता इसका अनुपम गान
युग चेतना नव क्रान्ति ये योगपीठ महान्।
गांव, किसान, जवान स्वदेशी का अभियान।
जन-जन को आन्दोलित करता भारत स्वाभिमान।